Interested in becoming a Mason?
In order to become a Mason you have to ask a Mason.
No member of the Craft will ever solicit you for membership, as Masonic tradition requires that the decision to join is of your own free will and accord.
A potential candidate for the Degrees of Masonry must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a man who comes of his own free will
- Believe in a Supreme Being (the form of which s left to open interpretation by the candidate)
- Be at least the minimum age (from 18-25 years old depending on jurisdiction)
- Be of good morals, and of good reputation.
- Be of sound mind and body
- Be able to attend Lodge regularly in order to learn and grow with your fellow brethren.
- Financially capable of supporting himself while attending Lodge (in consideration of Membership Dues)
- Have been a resident of Washington State for at least six months; however, the residency requirement is waived for sea-faring men/active members of the military.
If you are still interested then your next step is to come by our lodge at the Marysville Masonic Center on any Tuesday night, from 6pm to 7:30pm, and introduce yourself and get to know the members of the lodge, it is that simple.
Please click on the links below to be taken to a video and information about membership presented by Grand Lodge of Washington for more information:
What to expect as a Petitioner
As a potential candidate, it is important to understand your role here with us.
Your sole duty is to attend Lodge whenever able (primarily ever Tuesday, 6pm to 7:30pm) to engage with us in our refreshments, so hat we all may become better acquainted.
Generally, we don't hand out petitions on your first visit, this is to detour those men who are merely curious about our Fraternity rather than those who seek to patronize our mysteries and join us in our assemblies. If this happens to you (and it will) do not be disheartened! Show your zeal and keep returning.
After you've returned to us a completed petition, it will be read and voted on immediately during the next stated meeting; whereby, a committee will be appointed to visit you and your family at your home. This whole process is lengthy and during busy times of the year, it could be 2-5 months before your initiation.